loading
Currumbin Waters QLD 4223
Mon-Fri 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Currumbin Waters QLD 4223
Mon-Fri 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Shopping Cart
  • No products in the cart.
  • Post Image
    21 Jan, 2023
    Posted by info@ecoluxeelectrical.com.au
    0 comment

    Tips From a Gold Coast Electrician – How to Prevent Electrical Fires

    A faulty outlet is one of the main causes of electrical fires, so it’s a good idea to have a Gold Coast electrician like Ecoluxe Electrical install a new one

    – Matthew Park.

    If you want to prevent electrical fires in your home, you need to know how to avoid them. It’s not always easy to keep your home safe from fires, but there are some steps you can take to make sure you’re not the victim of one.

     

    Unplug heat-producing appliances when they’re not in use.

    Unplugging heat-producing appliances when they are not in use is one way to keep your home safe. Not only will you avoid unnecessary energy consumption, but you will also help to prevent the risk of overheating or sparking a fire.

    In addition to unplugging your appliances when they are not in use, you should also check the sockets that they are plugged into for any signs of wear or damage. If you see any of these, you should replace them as soon as possible.

    A faulty outlet is one of the main causes of electrical fires, so it’s a good idea to have a Gold Coast electrician like Ecoluxe Electrical install a new one. It’s also a good idea to replace your smoke alarms if they are not working.

    You can also save money by updating your home’s electrical system. Modern wiring materials are designed to handle high amperage, and the circuits that they connect to are generally safe. This will protect you from costly surges and reduce your insurance costs.

    Tips From a Gold Coast Electrician
    Tips From a Gold Coast Electrician Ecoluxe Electrical

    Avoid running electrical cords under rugs

    Using excess electrical cords is one of the leading causes of fires and electrical accidents. If you need to have multiple cords in your home, make sure that they are not hidden under furniture or carpets. Not only can this increase the chances of a tripping hazard, but it can also create a fire hazard.

    The use of cord clips to hide cords is one option. However, these should be used sparingly. These could end up becoming snagged and damaged, which can be very dangerous.

    Another possible solution is to install rubber floor runners. This will prevent tripping while preventing fraying or wearing of cords.

    One of the most important safety measures is to regularly check the condition of your power cords. Ensure that they are free from cracks or worn insulation. Also, make sure that they are rated for the power of the appliance that they are attached to.

    If your appliances are not rated for the wattage they are connected to, you should have them replaced. Faulty wiring or an overloaded circuit can cause an electrical fire. It is best to have a professional inspect your home for any potential fire hazards.

    Check for RCBO

    RCBO are a key safety device that prevents electric fires and shocks. These breakers shut off electrical current within a fraction of a second when an imbalance is detected.

    The National Electrical Code (NEC) requires RCBO to be installed in receptacles in kitchens, bathrooms, garages, and outdoor outlets. They are also required in new construction.

    RCBO are designed to detect a ground fault, or an unintended electrical path. Ground faults can lead to electrical fires and electrocution. To check if you have a RCBO in your home, first turn off the power at the fuse box. If there is no RCBO in your home, contact a local electrician.

    When you have a RCBO, it is important to test it once a month. This will help to ensure the outlet is working properly. A RCBO can protect your family from serious injuries.

    When testing a RCBO, it is important not to touch the wires or plugs. This could cause the RCBO to fail to function.

    Extinguish an electrical fire without using water

    Using water to extinguish an electrical fire can be dangerous. Water conducts electricity, which can cause electrocution. It can also spread the fire.

    The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) recommends that you never use water to put out an electrical fire. Instead, you should call 000 or evacuate. In the case of an emergency, it is also important to turn off all electricity and circuit breakers. This will prevent the fire from spreading.

    If you are fighting an electrical fire, make sure that you turn off all electricity and turn off all circuit breakers. You should never try to douse the fire using water, since it could cause you to be seriously burned.

    When you are trying to fight an electrical fire, you may need to evacuate if you can’t reach the electric panel. Before doing this, you should plan an escape route. A pre-planned escape route is important for people who live in homes that have electrical fires.

    In conclusion, if you are concerned about electrical fires contact a Gold Coast Electrician like Ecoluxe Electrical for an inspection

    Leave a Comment

    Your email address will not be published.*

    Archive

    June 2024
    M T W T F S S
     12
    3456789
    10111213141516
    17181920212223
    24252627282930

    Recent Posts

    14 Jan, 2023

    Signs That You Should Call an Emergency Electrician

    One of the most common problems that people encounter in the home is f

    Gold Coast Electrician Can Help You Save Money This Summer
    14 Jan, 2023

    A Gold Coast Electrician Can Help You Save Money This Summer

    There are several things that you can do to save electricity in summer